Can a Xbox 360 get hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupDoGG

Baseband Member
Hey I just got a new Xbox 360 250 GB Slim the other night, and I'm finally on Live for the first time, and I've heard that xbox can be hacked, but I'm wondering if that just means people can hack the games, or that people can hack your xbox and mess it up or something, or hack your computer through xbox?

Since the version I have has a wireless connector inside of it, I figured it would have like WPA or some sort of security on it.

So can a my xbox be hacked? how can I prevent it? and will microsoft cover this in warranty?

I just don't see how someone could mess up a xbox 360 online...

No one can hack your xbox, the Hacking aspect comes from the fact YOU can modify how the system works, and Xbox will void your warranty if you do hack your own xbox, there are no worries when it comes to someone online hacking it, or near it, as they need physical access.

Also, talking about hacking your own unit isn't permitted here, just a warning, as it violates the units ToS/Eula.

oh okay, good :)!!

and nah, I wouldn't hack or modify, that would ruin the whole point of the game -.-

and it'd be retarded...

Actually, to be technical anything electronic that connects to the internet can be hacked. You on the other hand, have no risk of your Xbox getting externally hacked.

WPA or WEP through wireless is setup through your router. So if your routers wireless connection is secured, then your Xbox is secured....to an extent.

Games can be hacked but only n00bs and kiddies that are sorry losers online use "hacks".

Simple answer though, you have nothing to worry about.

No one can hack your xbox, the Hacking aspect comes from the fact YOU can modify how the system works, and Xbox will void your warranty if you do hack your own xbox, there are no worries when it comes to someone online hacking it, or near it, as they need physical access.

Also, talking about hacking your own unit isn't permitted here, just a warning, as it violates the units ToS/Eula.
he wasnt talking about hacking his own he was sayin can some one hack it like some one hacking an email as pp said yes

I think the confusion here is the difference between 'hacking' and 'cracking'.

Again it is about the technicalities. Technically yes it can. Cause it is still hosted on a Microsoft server that can be access via the website. So yes technically his account can be hacked. The chances of it happening are the same of his actual console getting hacked.

Again it is about the technicalities. Technically yes it can. Cause it is still hosted on a Microsoft server that can be access via the website. So yes technically his account can be hacked. The chances of it happening are the same of his actual console getting hacked.

Yup. Thats why i said technical answer, yes, simple answer, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom