Can someone tell me what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sithlord78

Beta member
Okay, I bought my copy of KOTOR II. I put it in and play for about an hour. Then I start having problems. To put it simply, the game keeps crashing on me. As well it feels kinda sluggish and every once in a while it blips off and tells me the disk cannot be read. Lastly, there are certain places in the game where the game suffers slow down (Freezing and then jumping through the frames to get up to speed).
Just for the record, I have a Refurbished Xbox but this doesn't happen with other games. All my other games are working fine, but I think something with the game is causing the fault in the box to get worse. Any Less-amateur opinions out there? Please send advice my way. I don't want to buy a new Xbox, so if you have any better ideas I'm all ears.

Read DMo224 post, If it does have scratches this is most likely the problem. If so return it to the shop and get another copy. Another potential problem could be the DVD reader. It might be dirty and have dust on the lens or it might even be scratched. In this case return the XBOX if it is still under guarantee, otherwise you might want to start looking around for tutorials on how to clean the lens (perhaps a lens cleaner?) or for general information on people having the same problem. Check the disc first though.

Hope this helps,

Retro.

could always adjust the DVD potentio meter. Its a pain, but if it uses the ol piece 'o crap DVD (Philips I think) then it sucks, mine has disk read problems, too. Depends on the format, CD or DVD and DVD type format. Some of the first XBox games were on CD, and easier to read, and the cheaper first gen XBox DVD players had problems reading DVD's.

No my disk is perfectly clean and new. I do think it's something with the Box. Just goes to show, the $20 you save getting a refurbished XBox might be more costly than you think.

I have that problem once in a while with new games and I just reboot my xbox and then they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom