Call of Duty World at War Beta impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it seems more like an expansion of COD4, more campaign, new multiplayer levels, different guns, and a few other things nothing that's really all that special I don't think it is worth the $60 because its like taking an old (but still good) game and just adding some new stuff and re-selling it.

I feel the same way, in fact I would rather see them develop some nice new maps and some more guns, maybe a new army, some higher ranks and then box it as a $30 expansion for COD 4. Those 4 maps that got released "recently" really are not overly big, like killzone (nad fest), creek (sniper fest), chinatown (carentan again?) only broadcast was really half decent. What Im saying is this crap with releasing what really is a $60 expansion feels like a rip off. Considering BF2, and I mean EA has there own problems but the expansions they released and the new weapons that were still playable in the original version were pretty popular.

Either way, Im really not excited about this game and I think that Left 4 Dead, Far Cry 2, and some other titles due out very soon are going to drain the community anyways. IMO

Guys if it were another modern warfare game, it could be called an expansion...but its WWII.

And that was just a beta, dont jump to conclusions before the final game hits the stores.

^Well basically it is the same thing as COD4 but WWII and different guns and different maps.

Youre missing the point, theres a single player campaign too, its not just mulitplayer.

And yes, different weapons and maps and a whole different time makes it a new game. If it were modern warfare, it could have been made into an expansion.

^Thats like tuning up an old car giving it a new paint job and selling it for new, COD WaW plays exactly like COD4, basically the same guns they just look different and are named different, yes there is a new campaign but multilayer is bigger then campaigns. It's also made by treyarch so they had to have screwed something up. Besides GOW2 is coming out the same week which will be bigger and better then COD WaW so might as well get that instead.

No, because world war II was set in the 1940's.

And theyre not the same weapons with different names, an m1garand is not an m16. An M1A1 carbine is not an m4 carbine, they are completely different weapons. A .30 cal is not a saw, or an m60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom