Call of Duty World at War Beta impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
So I just got the beta last night and here is what I think of it so far:

My very first thought was, wow this is awesome! It reminds me of the good ol' days of COD on PC. Then I realized it was more of a copy/paste of COD4 onto a new skin.

Basically, you can tell it is Treyarch by how they design things differently. All the maps are considerably larger than COD4 maps, and yet the spawn points in the beta are aweful. I do not know how many times the game spawned me right in front of someone from the other team. It is even worse on the WAR and CTF gametypes. I would literally spawn in the same spot as the other team sat and camped our spawn for the entire game. Obviously this is just a beta and will hopefully be fixed.

Next thing is what I thought was good:
The kill streaks go as 3 kills-UAV, 5 kills-Artillery strike (which is very cool looking), 7 kills-Attack Dogs that kill in 2 bites. The dogs can do some damage if they sneak up on you, but they are barking the whole time so if you are watching them come at you, 2 bullets or just a knife kills them and you get 3 points for it :D

The perks were still there, such as stopping power, juggernaut, extreme conditioning, etc. There were newer perks and they also added weapon perks for faster turret movement and slower overheating.

Basically the weapons are all pretty standard WW2, and one game I did notice someone using a rifle that was auto (modded controllers already on the beta :()

Now, there was about 2 maps that looked to be the Japanese area, and they were very well done, my only real complaint was the spawns. Really, though, after playing a few rounds, I felt like I wish it was modern again. Perhaps if I play it more, I'll like it more and not miss the modern, but it just didn't seem from the beta that the multiplayer would have quite as good of sticking power as COD4.

It sounds really good.

Has anyone got any spare codes. I've missed getting codes of the various websites.

Thanks,

What do you expect ? it uses the cod4 engine lol...

And this is treyarch..there hardly known for making anything new. They just repeat already done stuff and change it a bit, the result ? a good solid game, but nothing new or particularly exciting. I don't blame them to be honest, there just simply not a big enough company to afford making a game on there own and hoping people like it. They need a solid foundation for there games.

Anyway, i just want to know if the Coop campaign is any good. Because that'll be awesome if it is.

To me it seems more like an expansion of COD4, more campaign, new multiplayer levels, different guns, and a few other things nothing that's really all that special I don't think it is worth the $60 because its like taking an old (but still good) game and just adding some new stuff and re-selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom