Buying a 360 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb1swat

Daemon Poster
I know I've bashed that box shaped object that halo comes out of before, but for family reasons I'm getting a 360...

I'm actually warming to idea now. The 360 sure has the titles...I'd still probably get the ps3, but I really want to keep in touch with my bro and he's set on playing halo3, LotR conquest, Halo wars, cods, etc etc.

Anyway, I'd like to hear some of your favorite perks the 360 offers. Just anything. Games, system performance, LIVE, blah blah.
Any notable games you'd suggest that would let just my brother and myself play (i.e. note pub servers)

thanks folks!

I have really enjoyed the Burnout games on my 360... Great graphics IMO... I also think the best perk, is the latest versions have jasper board which doesn't RROD nearly as bad as a 1/2/3rd gen board, and runs quite a bit cooler.

Like, as in just coop play or 1v1? Halo 3, Halo Wars, CoDs, Gears's, Fable 2 (if you two are into RPGs).

Oh and as charles noted, if you are looking for a 360, make sure it is a Jasper unit. So far I haven't heard of any Jaspers getting RROD. They have a manufacturer date of later than November 2008, and a PSU of 150W and 12.1A rating.

If you need LIVE, get subscription 12+1 month cards from NewEgg or Amazon, whichever is cheapest (usually $40 or less if you find the deals, and beats paying $50 for just 12 months).

Well, we're both buying brand new systems so I assume they'll have the new hardware. I guess I should check the date just in case...
Yeah 1v1 or coop. Fable 2....not so much lol.
Good tip on buying LIVE.

We're definitely getting Halo3. Street Fighter IV looked good.

Lol, I edited your post for ya. "Indy" games :p

You either meant Indie, or Indianapolis, and since you already included racing, I figured you didn't mean the latter.

Is shooters included in your "fighting" or do you only like a select few shooters?

haha, thanks. I mean Indiana Jones! lol
Shooters I'm familiar with, but at the same time they're not my favorite 360 genre. By fighting i mean Street Fighter and Virtual Fighter. I'd like to get some really good racing games, yeah at least 2.

I'm unfamiliar with the indie games, but I know I find them very entertaining. Like...I would have gotten little Big planet first thing if I was going to get a ps3.

I know most of the big budget names, but other then that I'm a little clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom