bought a modded xbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVskapunk

Beta member
I just purchased a modded xbox online, and right out of the box when I turn it on, it attempts to load, but then stops before the dashboard and says "Your Xbox requires service" it also has an error code on the side of 05.

This Xbox took a while to get here and I was wondering if there is anything anyone would know to do to remedy the problem without sending it back. Based on some websites, it says that error 05 is an unlocked HDD, but I have no idea if I have the tools to lock the drive so it will function. Any help in this matter is appreciated!

The system is supposed to be modded with an Xenium ICE S modchip and uprgraded with a 200g HD.

Im pretty positive MOD Xbox's cannot play live. But if you simply cannot play at all, good luck fixing it. If you couldent built your MODed Xbox, your probably not going to be able to fix it. I would call the company of person who retailed it to you.

Your box is trying to get to the microsoft dash which it can't do with an unlocked hdd. Boot to the hacked bios and set it so it boots to w/e dash you're using on startup (I reccommend using Avalaunch or UnleashX).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom