Best TV for Xbox 360 gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
I've searched everywhere for this kind of information, and I am still uncertain about which type and brand of television to buy. From what I've read, overall, CRT TUBE tvs are still overall the best? Maybe I've just received bad information; thus, why I am here. So what is the best buy for the 360?

I use a 32" LCD HDTV running at 720p and its friggin amazing.
If you get a CRT HDTV, its gonna easily weigh almost 200 lbs, cost about as much as a flat panel, and I'm willing to bet the picture under normal circumstances will be no better than a flat panel.
Today's LCDs are very high quality and have excellent brightness and response times, if I were you, get an LCD.

Is it even top-notch for multiplayer games though? As in having like four people on one tv playing an FPS or something to that effect.

Then go with something like a 50" plasma.
They dont make CRT HDTVs above something like 30" I think.
There are DLP and rear projection, but they have as many drawbacks as a plasma or LCD, and weigh between 3x-5x as much as one.

Heh, I guess my tv-quest shall never be solved. I won't buy a plasma because of the drawbacks, and DLP TVs look obscure at certain angles. I am probably just better off getting a high end lcd tv and keeping my bigger generic crt around for multiplayer gaming.

I had the same dilemma and went with LCD myself after viewing many models on the floor. Don't regret my choice one bit.
My friend also went with a 40" LCD HDTV for gaming as well and absolutely loves it. It works well for 2 player gaming, but I dont think it would work for 4 player.

Xbox 360, you cant go wrong with SAMSUNGS range of LCD tv's that microsoft actually chose for Xbox 360 demonstrations, it was actually partly deisgned for the 360. I have it, but theres newer versions out now. And yes i have a 360 and i can telly u now ... its Excellent !.

Heres the link SAMSUNG's Digital World - Television | R74 Series

Best tv for best price?

good? No good? Anybody have a link to a better tv for a better price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom