Aspect ratio problems 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
so basicly, I just got an elite. My friend has an hp 32" lcd, I have a 28" hanns g lcd that is 16:10 ratio, and another friend has a rear projection 47" that I believe is 4:3. On all tv's/monitors, the sides get cut quite a bit when in gameplay (cutscenes fill the screen though) while using HDMI. I have used component on the rear projection (lose hd quality) but the whole screen gets filled. I feel retarded lol, help please

Do you change the settings on the XBOX? Under System Settings there should be an option to change the ratio.

I get what your saying, but when its single player, hdmi fills both the tv and the monitor just fine. But when I spit screen it, the sides get cropped off a little bit.

Well yeah. Your trying to get 2 images on the screen at the same time. Both trying to get the most screen space at the same time. So 99% sure on this, but the coders most likely coded it so that they are in full screen mode (4:3) aspect ratio when in split screen so that you can see both players and have that distinction between them.

While you may not have an issue with not being able to distinguish them, others may and they have to account for every one in the world. So they allowed the images to only cover a small part of the split screen so each player knew which one they are without having the backgrounds blend into each other and possibly causing confusion.

Ok, but when I run with components instead of hd, its full screen (but seams stretched) for single and multi play. Also, I am confused by your logic. how does cropping the sides help distinguish player 1 from player 2? I mean I sorry, I am just confused. I know with the first xbox, it fit my screen just fine (I did use a adapter though) so I don't know.

Some multiplayer games will be like that i believe, unless you have tested through component and it works via that.

If you try everything, remember that via component cables, the 360 will do 1080i (technically component cables can do 1080p but it most likely wont), so the difference between component and hdmi shouldnt be that much.

so since very few 360 titles do above 720p (and most lye, and do like 640p like halo 3) according to what your saying, it should make zero difference?

so since very few 360 titles do above 720p (and most lye, and do like 640p like halo 3) according to what your saying, it should make zero difference?

And by lye you mean lie and by lie you mean didicate that little bit of resoloution to multiple lighting rendering passes then yes.

But yes, there should be little difference between component and hdmi gaming wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom