Anyone using Hughesnet Satelite provider to play Xbox?

skeeter_ca

Baseband Member
The fastest DSL availible at my house averages about 0.250mbps because we live out on the outskirts of town. On bad days it goes down to about 0.030mbps. Verizon says they can do nothing for us. Cable is not available at all. So far Hugesnet is the only satelite provider i can find. I have been told that satelite is not good for gaming because of the latancy. Is this true? My son plays Xbox alot so i don't want to upgrade to a service where he can't play at all. Right now he can barely play on the good days as long no one else is online in the house.

skeeter

can you get a good 3G\4G\LTE mobile signal in your area ?
if so, then look at getting usb dongle with accompanying wireless\wired router

my sister has issues accessing the internet via cable\phone lines, but can get a good enough mobile signal, so they have gone for a usage deal with a mobile carrier.

You may need to look around for a supplier in the US, as I am in the UK so don't know who can provide this for you.
But the speeds and gaming latency are better than any satellite provider could ever offer.

Unfortunately cell coverage is bad out here also. Sometimes i have to go out in the front yard to just get a signal good enough to talk.

skeeter

Back
Top Bottom