Anyone scratched discs before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
I just got my 360 last saturday and just last night I think I ruined my brand new copy of assassins creed. I moved the 360 onto a table while it was runing and the POS scratched the crap out of it.

Are all of them this sensitive to movement? Has anyone else done this? Why doesn't microsoft put a different rom drive in it?

well...it clearly states in various places NOT to tilt or move the box while running....so it's kinda you're fault....and yes, many other people have had this happen

ya, I read that. But it didn't have any shock or sudden jolt when I moved it.

I would have thought they could have done something a little different to prevent this. But, eh. It is Micosoft so what could you expect?

LOL i told u it scratches discs, the sad part is if you call M$ they will tell you the 3fixme does not scratch disks,many people get this error, to fix it you have to tear it apart and apply some stuff around the lens or something.

You never told ME it scratched discs.

But thats okay. I wanted rock band NOW and only thing I could find within a hours drive was a 360.

I have had my 360 since the day it came out, and have had not one scratched disk, but then again... come to think of it... I have never moved it while running a game..

I do not own a 360... but my friend has one. He brought it over, set it up, put the disk in, and the stand tipped over.

I caught it in the nick of time and then we heard a loud grinding noise and the screen froze.

We get the disk out and theres just a big circle of scratches all over it. The lens was fine though, too bad for gears of war. :(

Heres a tip for getting new games for cheap:
1. Rent the same game at blockbuster.
2. Swap working with non working disks.
3. Return it.

Warning: don't do this if the scratches are very, very evident or there is a blockbuster sticker on the disk.

It works for my evil friends, but with the whole credit card thing they do now you might find a surprise $50 bill in the mail. I, personally, have never scratched a cd or game in my life. But then again, I don't use them as coasters regularly....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom