4GHZ Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft's second version of its Xbox console will feature a CPU with PowerPC cores, according to GameSpy, which claims to have scooped the specifications.

Expectations that the console would be formally announced at the Game Developer Conference in San Francisco this week were quashed last month.

Xenon, as it's codenamed, will feature ATI's next-generation graphics card and a 12X dual-layer DVD. The system will also have a camera, to liven up online gaming, while the hard disk is optional.

Sony's third-generation PlayStation will use the 4Ghz Cell processor jointly developed by IBM, Toshiba and Sony's microprocessor division. Sony is expected to unveil the PSP3 in May.

Microsoft's entertainment division turned in its first profit in the most recent quarter, thanks to sales of the game Halo 2 - but executives don't expect it to be consistently profitable until 2007

DUDE

I hear the XBOX will have Powermac G5 processor.
I think thats funny.
Apple and Microsoft.
ll ol
All i know is that it is going to be superfast.

~ZDriven
Got 1973 Beetle?

I highly doubt that two of the biggest computer rival companies will join together, if they used a G5 microsoft would have to change so much crap for the motherboards to accept it etc

zdriven, why would microsoft use a G5 processor...Besides G5 arent even good at gaming.. So the howl G5 architecture would be averse.

Both of those systems sound great. They will offer alot. But thats alot of money for them. I know everyone here is into all that stuff. But for people like me, who love computers and consoles. Its so hard to look forward to that new technology. They are going to reveil PS3 in May, sounds awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom