360's Getting Cheaper WOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventriac

In Runtime
So I read an article saying
http://news.zdnet.com/2424-9595_22-219644.html said:
The company said it will cut prices for its entry-level Xbox 360 Arcade, which comes without a hard drive, to $199 from its current price of $279 and it also will lower the prices of its mid-range and high-end Xbox 360 consoles by $50 each.

Microsoft said it will cut the price of its Xbox 360 Pro, its best-selling version which comes with a 60-gigabyte hard drive, to $299 from $349 and reduce the price of its top-end Xbox 360 Elite with a 120-gigabyte hard drive to $399 from $449.

Couldn't be a better time to buy one, some seriously sweet games coming out soon.

Yeah I m thinking about getting a cheap 360 Arcade console. Other then the 256mb of hard drive space, its basically like the normal 360. If I do some how manage to use up all 256mb of hard drive space (for game saves). Then I'll just buy a new hard drive some where down the line.

Yeah it's gosh darn tempting at that price. Am I correct you can't play regular xbox games w/out the hard drive? No real loss for me but good to know.

Besides the hard drive its a normal 360 that handles and supports all the new rocking 360 titles. So if your not one that eats at hard drive space, then I guess its well worth it.

If you google it, you can replace the hard drive inside a 360 with a regular one that is in FAT32 i believe. It lets you do it up to about 500gb, but you have to use a program to allow the drive to be in cluster of 32gb, since windows can only make a FAT32 drive with the maximum of 32gb.

i picked up the arcade last weekend. it's a pretty **** good deal. and if you really want a HD, you can find a new 20 gig HD for 50 bux on ebay if you look around. the only real reason to have a HD is if you wanna use your xbox as a media center; put movies on there, mp3s, or DL demos.

Just a warning to those saying they won't need a hard drive except for media centers: You may be surprised.

I only download demos to play them, then delete them, and the only saved things on my 360 are game saves and the occasional map packs or the like. I have nearly 8GB of Game related data. NOT demos or trailers or videos. Game SAVES. Sure I've played like 50+ 360 games in my time....

If you need a hard drive, you can even get used 20GB ones off of eBay for under $40:
Xbox 360 20 gig Hard Drive - eBay (item 250294337264 end time Sep-15-08 11:56:50 PDT)

You kinda need a hard drive, if you want to play Halo 3 online, you need it, almost all of the playlists at least require you to download the Heroic Map Pack, so you need a drive. Patching games also requires a hard drive, same as having a profile (though you can use a memory card but it'll fill up really fast). Many games require it, so even buying a used one cheap is much better than not having a hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom