360 seems.. sluggish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
So I got this HDMI 360 a little while ago, performed the Hybrid's version of Xclamp replacement and all that... and it's a .. I think 175W version - but it seems.... sluggish compared to the older HDMI unit I had?

Like.. loading Dead Rising, it seems to take longer.... and sometimes there's little like "hiccups" in gameplay that I didn't notice before...

Seems a bit louder then the other unit as well....

Do you think something could be wrong? Is there a certain series of 360 boards that are unreliable or not performing as well? I don't know what to do....

Did you get a new 360? You said your first one was a Zephyr (203W HDMI unit). If your new one is a Falcon that means it has a different CPU. I suppose there could be a slight difference but they're supposed to be clocked the exact same, just a different size process. I personally think that my new Jasper runs better than my Xenon. Maybe it's slowing down because it is getting hot or something, try blowing a fan on the insides and see if it plays better.

It could be that the DVD drive in it is slower at reading the disks then the older one.

I would agree with 35g700, could have been an extra step to help make the console quieter, but requires more time to access the disk for more game data.

My new one seems faster than my old one. My old one has the Toshiba-Samsung drive while my new one has the Lite-On drive. Both seem slow when running from the DVD though, games are faster to load from HDD and the video on Orange Box skips on both of them when running from DVD.

I'll have to look at both systems drive's later to see which had what.. right now I am too tired.. but yea that was the only thing I was thinking of since the inside is pretty much the same (ok smaller chip on the CPU or whatever, but still)\

Both appear to be the same - white wire and empty space (BenQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom