360 revisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
How many revisions of the Xbox 360 are there? If there are any, how can I tell which revision I own? Older 360's are apparently known for hardware failure, but what makes the newer ones so different?

All I know is there are two models of drives available, the Samsung, and the Hitachi model. (Mine has the older [AND LOUDER] Hitachi drive, even though I bought it new a month ago.)

The first 360's had problems with over heating too so i think M$ had to change their fans or something to fix the problem.

In a year the new 360 is coming out which apparently will be quieter and have HDMI connections for HD tv's instead of the current componant connection. (An addon will be available for older 360's tho)

Not really sure what else they have changed or are changing.
I dont think there is a way to see what "revision" you have but only know the serial number of it or model no.

I know they are going to use a cpu that puts out less heat, but are you sure about the HDMI?

Yeah im pretty sure. It will be built in to the newer system and will be an addon for older versions so everyone can use HDMI.

The only way to use the HDMI right now is by buying the HD-DVD drive and connecting it that way. I don't worry too much because my HD tv doesn't have HDMI it has DVI which won't be much anymore

Yeah I think I saw that on M$'s site, about some xbox revision to incorporate the capabilities of the hd-dvd drive into it, along with HDMI output and better cooling. We'll see next year i guess...

Corey

thought the HDMI ports were just a rumour at the moment?

i did hear that all new XBox 360s had newer HDDs that run a **** of a lot quieter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom