360 red ring in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
Okay, Microsoft's website has been totally useless to me, and I've trawled the web endlessly for about a month trying to find the answer:-
How, in the UK, do you get a red-ringed 360 repaired? It is under warranty. I have tried registering it for a repair, and I've been given some receipt thing, and a 'UPS Returns Label'.
But now I don't understand what to do. I think I need to arrange a pickup or something - this is where it gets a bit out of my league.
Could someone please help me? :freak:

No, the shop warranty is out, but the 360's 3-year warranty isn't.

Though it may be worth a try.

If they gave you a UPS returns label, you simply package up your 360 nice and safely in a box, then print out the label and tape it on. Then take it to your nearest UPS location or go online to the UPS website to schedule a pickup.

Or you could just call Microsoft's tech support. I do not know the UK number, but in the US it is 1-800-4MYXBOX. Tell them your console got the 3 red rings and they will send you a box with return label and packaging included so you do not need to do anything other than put your 360 in.

Hmm I don't have any boxes the right size, so I'll see about calling MS, after I try the shop option.

Thanks for clearing all that up for me ^_^

When I had the RROD after registering it online and setting up the repair, they sent me a box with a return label and had stryofoam to set the xbox in. They screwed me over because they sent me a refurb. xbox 360 that had a 90-day warrenty. ****ed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom