360 Gamble.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Ok, I've just spent the last hour and a half looking at countless negetive posts about the 360's reliability. So, is this thing gonna crap out on me after I get it, or is it a safe bet now? lol I was all excited, but after reading so many posts about freezing and red rings of death..................I'm a little concerned.

TonCrafter said:
Well, I guess it's worth a shot. I'll buy an extended warranty as well.

Ugh, warranties are a waste of money unless you know you will break it.

TonCrafter said:
It's only $30 for a one year warranty. Not too bad.

The money might not be bad, but I dislike the principle. Essentially buying extended warranties is the same as giving free money to the companies.

Vybuni said:
The money might not be bad, but I dislike the principle. Essentially buying extended warranties is the same as giving free money to the companies.

I agree. Still, I'll have to make concessions if I want to play though. It's the way of the world now. lol :)

I purchased an xbox 360 a few weeks ago, and guess what -- it was faulty. However, is it really that hard to walk back to the store and exchange it for a new one? Microsoft also gives 90 day warranties standard with every 360 and honestly, after 90 days if your system doesn't break from a manufactured fault then it probably has no fault.

All consoles have problems during launch, especially ones that offer new technology (360 and ps3). I wouldn't let it influence you though because the production problems for the 360 have already patched most of these problems -- however if you are worried you might want to wait for the xbox 360 revision in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom