360 core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't think there is going to be another price drop for a while. TheEnd187 is most likely right there won't be a drop till next year about this time. They just droped it not to long ago when they added the Elite system.

Having a hard drive increases the failure rate of the 360... I bought two 512MB memory cards, if you don't download trailers and crap from the marketplace, it's more than enough for Live Arcade and all your saved games and stuff.

Makes EVEN MOAR HEAT, i assume, although i don't think it makes much more than the CPU/GPU inside the 360.

I dunno if it's heat, or current load or what, but I've read it makes a big difference...

Also, try remembering to turn the console off using the controller instead of the main console. Apparently this gives the console more time to shut down, and puts less load on the machine.

Also keep your console HORIZONTAL at all times. Placing it vertically builds up heat, and has a very increased chance of overheating. I don't even know why they designed the console to do this, when it's vertical a vent is blocked off!

Oh yeah, and give the console PLENTY of room. Don't go stuffing it in a shelf with little or no venting space. This console likes spewing out HOT air, and you need to give it a crapload of room.

Should not have RRoD if you follow these precautions :)

if you looks at the sites even people keeping it in AC room it will still RRoD on them, just take it like they do, if you have a non falcon design it is going to break on you no matter what, just hope you still have warranty and when you send it in you will get a new one not a refurbished model.

No matter what you do, if the design is bad it will eventually fail. Yet another example of not fully testing a product before rushing it to market.

The 360 we have in work has been there since release date an hasn't RRoD or shut down due to heat an its kept in a prity tight case with no assisted ventilation.

No matter what you do, if the design is bad it will eventually fail. Yet another example of not fully testing a product before rushing it to market.

Very much agreed it seems they were in to much of a rush to get it out rather than design it right. I know that saying this might start a riot but the PS3 not near as many problems as the 360 I mean with every system there is going to be some problems but not crazy amounts like the 360s. Just my thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom