360 on 17 Inch monitor. Looks like ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
I bought the xbox 360 VGA cable so I could use my monitor as the display. But no matter how High I set the resolution, I get these ugly edges, like there is no anti aliasing, on Halo 3/Halo 3 ODST. I dont remember having that problem with street fighter iv. My questions are, is VGA/ a 17 inch monitor capable of HD? And two, what is the best screen resolution for my setup? Is it possible to get rid of the jagged lines in-game?

What is the model of your monitor? If it is a CRT the edges will likely be cut off however after you adjust settings on the monitor you can make it so the edges wont be cut off.

What is the model of your monitor? If it is a CRT the edges will likely be cut off however after you adjust settings on the monitor you can make it so the edges wont be cut off.

Its a very cheap LCD I got for around 100 dollars. Brand is I-INC

says IF171A, I guess thats the model.

As far as i know, VGA is not capable of HD. VGA is an analog connection. HD is done strictly via digital. You would need DVI or HDMI to get an HD signal from the XBOX.

Oops, I misunderstood your issue. I thought the edge of your picture was being cut off, but if you mean the lines in Halo 3 are jagged and whatnot I'm fairly sure that's normal because when I use my adapter and play Halo 3 at 1920x1080 the lines are jagged and look ugly.

As far as i know, VGA is not capable of HD. VGA is an analog connection. HD is done strictly via digital. You would need DVI or HDMI to get an HD signal from the XBOX.

Nah you can do HD gaming via VGA, just not protected HD media. And yes, Halo 3 has jagged edges for everyone.

You should be capable of doing full HD on any analog connection as current HD standards doesn't even max out what VGA is capable of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom