2 red rings with a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidwell8

Baseband Member
My Xbox starts up normally with each green light flashing and then getting the full circle and on the screen i get the Xbox start up but then it just goes to 2 red lights. Why?

Also on the start up my fans tend to go mad for about 10 seconds and then just stop. I recently added thermal paste and used the overheating reset trick and i feel so close to having successfully fixed this as it had 3 lights when i bought it.

You can put a whole tub of thermal paste on there. Isnt going to resolve the issue with out an XClamp or getting the whole unit replaced. The damage has pretty much already been done to the mobo by warping it with heat. Cant undo that damage with no amount of thermal paste. So either you can try something like an XClamp Mod or just buy replacement parts that are not warped by heat.

That is completely up to you. As stated the damage is already done. There is not going to be any guarantee that this system wont suffer from the complete RRoD (Red Ring of Death) at some point if it is already suffering from over heating issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom