Minecraft server?

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Recent thread made me wonder if anybody would want me to host a Minecraft server to play on. Have enough resources after ARK and Plex that I could do 200 players with ease.

If anybody is interested a managing party would be needed. I'd act as a host to keep hardware and internet going but the admin or set of admins would need to run the server itself. This would be in a VM with it's own NIC and port with static IP on my network sharing the same external IP as my ARK server for anybody wondering how I'd set it up. I have a DDNS service but I've just been too lazy to set it up. If there's sufficient traffic I'd switch for ease of address tracking.

Anybody?

For anybody wondering, my server is a dual Xeon 2640 (12 cores, 24 threads) setup with 32GB of RAM. I'd dedicate 16 initially to Minecraft and 4 cores unless we need to up the hardware. My Adobe Media Encoding is worked over with a Quadro K5200 and the first CPU and Plex doesn't use more than 4-6 threads at 3 second intervals.

I've been working on a server myself for about a month. I'm not ready to go public with it quite yet but when I do techist will be sure to know. I still need to do permissions, groups, and recruit a few architects to help build server services such as a player mall, spawn, and other community building projects and ofc a website after we get marketable. If you're interested in joining us i have a proposal I can send over to you so you can see a little bit more about what our goals are, and a timeline for deployment.

Last edited:
Yea I wouldn't be doing all that mess. I'd give whoever is doing it a login so they can go in remote and install it. Just wanted to offer the hardware if there was any interest.

Yea I wouldn't be doing all that mess. I'd give whoever is doing it a login so they can go in remote and install it. Just wanted to offer the hardware if there was any interest.

Cool man, I've been a lot more developmental about gaming services - creating everything from community videos, websites, and the whole 9 yards.

Heres a short video from the last server project I was directing which lasted almost 3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVCYFudoC90

With 24k posts on this site I think you fall into that category
laugh-cry.jpg

With 24k posts on this site I think you fall into that category
laugh-cry.jpg

looool :lol:

Seriously though, I am happy to help on your server from time to time, I got nothing else to do on my computer other than playing agar.io and 8 ball pool

Last edited:
nah, they r probably just using worldedit and copy/pasting blocks.
they do get decent money though

^^ I am very adept at worldedit and voxel sniper. It turns MC into multiplayer 3d modeling.. I want to see a server that can handle some of the actions I perform with Worldedit

looool :lol:

Seriously though, I am happy to help on your server from time to time, I got nothing else to do on my computer other than playing agar.io and 8 ball pool

Awesome man. Quesiton - you're a programmer. I don't code plugins, but just the YAML configs for the plugins. Do you do java?

Back
Top Bottom