how can i play together with my kid on same map?

Start up a Minecraft server or set yours to be joinable. Assuming you're running the Java Minecraft?

it is java Minecraft
I click open to lan and it gives me port number
I enter my ip number followed by port number as the online instructions say but nothing happends his pc doesn't find anything.
I checked firewall settings and they both allow java

do I have to have Mojang account for this to work even though its not a server but a lan game with only 2 pcs?

it is java Minecraft
I click open to lan and it gives me port number
I enter my ip number followed by port number as the online instructions say but nothing happends his pc doesn't find anything.
I checked firewall settings and they both allow java

do I have to have Mojang account for this to work even though its not a server but a lan game with only 2 pcs?

Need at least 1 account:
https://www.howtogeek.com/239649/how-to-play-multiplayer-lan-games-with-a-single-minecraft-account/

As for the connection issue; have you tried disabling both yours and his firewall to see if it works?

somehow it started working

I downloaded java 64bit and checked bunch of settings
then restarted his pc and it works now

but now we have a glitch lol
every time he dies whatever happened to him sticks

so if he caught fire he respawns on fire and doesn't die.
if he got killed by skeleton he respawns with like 5-6 arrows stuck in him

ok so I played for few days and its having few issues

it glitches a lot. like broken squares not updating and reappearing.
sometimes throwing be back like 5-10 seconds and having to break same squares over and over again
and lost connection
other days it works just fine with minimal glitches
both pcs are same nothing really changes from day to day
sometimes it still glitches and has my or my kid's character on fire or with arrows or whatever other things that killed him

it worked fine for few days then yesterday it would drop connection whether I connect to his or he connects to my pc.

Back
Top Bottom