Whats available in the way of Security .. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Security | Computer, Devices, Software and Systems > General Security Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2018, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Whats available in the way of Security ..

Do you guys subscribe to anything in particular. I've got the VPN sub and know quite a lot about them but whats available in the way of security when it comes to the likes of paid for subscriptions.

I'm on Linux so not looking for the likes of AV or AM but what do you guys sub to. Do you have anything in particular.

I'm more curious whats out their. I dont have anything in mind as such but more whats available. ???

Old 09-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Whats available in the way of Security ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
Do you guys subscribe to anything in particular. I've got the VPN sub and know quite a lot about them but whats available in the way of security when it comes to the likes of paid for subscriptions.

I'm on Linux so not looking for the likes of AV or AM but what do you guys sub to. Do you have anything in particular.

I'm more curious whats out their. I dont have anything in mind as such but more whats available. ???
You mean to keep up with events? technologies? attacks etc?

Or paid subs to protect you? or alert you?

Old 09-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Whats available in the way of Security ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulezero View Post
You mean to keep up with events? technologies? attacks etc?

Or paid subs to protect you? or alert you?
Anything, it was an open question about whats available.

So the VPN sub for a lot of people when you do some research threw google is a big subject and their are a lot of company's who will compete for your money but I don't know of anything in particular.

You get the likes of a you tube Sub, Netflix, VPN's. You will get some sort of service were as you get some sort of product in return but I did ask this question a while ago but this time around it was more geared to wards what available in the way of security.

You just mentioned events and technology's and attacks. I could imagine you get a you tube sub and can keep up too date with stuff like on a premium account but yeah anything really like to protect you or alert you.

I just testing the waters and seeing whats available.

Another way to put this is. Is it just VPNs and proxy's that will protect you. You can buy hardware like a high end router but in regards to consumerism, what am I being offered in the way of online services.

I don't know who else to put it just more of an open question about whats out their.