TrueCrypt's Disappearance

I'm a fan of security too, but I also know a lot about security and its major flaws. The best way is to not become a target. The only thing I really make sure to do is make my router locked down by only allowing specified MACs connect and of course a hefty password on a WPA2 encrypted router with WPS off. That stops what I would consider 90% of possible attacks, which in this area would be only a 10% chance of me being attacked.

Honestly, all that aside my biggest worry is going to a LAN and some idiot infecting the whole network like what happened to me about 9 or so years ago. I haven't personally had a virus in 10 years, maybe more. As most can see how I've posted it so much, I'm an extremely firm believer in common sense browsing and downloading. I do scan my storage drives every 3 or 6 months to make sure I'm clean, but so far been fine since then. I just don't like having extra crap running on my machine unless I absolutely need it.

Any ways I downloaded the latest Ver. of True Crypt and the who thing has been disabled on regards to Ver.7.2. You can't encrypt your system with it, so their for are going too have too revert too a previous Version.

Posted that in my first post :p.

So I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up. TrueCrypt's developer's nerfed the 7.2 update to only be able to read data, and is suggesting to move to another encryption solution.

*snip*

Steve Gibson of the Gibson Research Corp. made some good points as well, and reassures that TrueCrypt 7.1a is alright to stay on:
https://www.grc.com/misc/truecrypt/truecrypt.htm

Steve included download links to all versions/source code for all platforms for TC 7.1a at the bottom of the page as well.

Ad far as I've heard people are staying on 7.1a until the audit is fully complete.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Back
Top Bottom