T-Mobile CEO Response to Recent Experian Breach

That was probably the best thing he could do for the situation.

Yep, I agree...people don't realize how easy it really is for someone or people that are focused on breaching a network to breach the network. Even the most secure ones, from user information etc...

Yep, I agree...people don't realize how easy it really is for someone or people that are focused on breaching a network to breach the network. Even the most secure ones, from user information etc...

Yeah but the thing is...the ones that are being breached...have crappy security setup for the most part, or are storing things not encrypted / weak encryption.

It can happen to anyone.. And any system. It can be as simple as having an insider who has access or can social engineer with people who have access..

Get over it, hackers can hack because they can! :cool:

It can happen to anyone.. And any system. It can be as simple as having an insider who has access or can social engineer with people who have access..

Get over it, hackers can hack because they can! :cool:

Doubt you'd be saying that if it was your data that was compromised due to the ineptness of a company to not store the data properly. I'm sure you'd be just as pissed as anybody else.

So who deserves more of the blame, T-Mobile or Experian?
I've had T-Mobile for about 10 years now so I wonder If our stuff got taken.
I'll try signing up for the free 2 year service just in case

Not sure, though I would think the breach would have had to at least begin with T-Mobile or Experian would have lost a lot more than just the info for T-Mobile don't you think?

Well you could say since it was Experian's data and network that it was their fault. I say there are 3 parties to blame. Experian for not doing a better job at protecting highly sensitive data in their network. T-mobile is to blame b/c they outsourced this portion of their business. Nothing wrong with outsourcing but not testing the ability of the companies you are outsourcing too. Last but most important in this chain I blame the consumer. Consumers need to start demanding changes and accountability. Sadly most consumers can't tell if they own an apple, windows or droid machine. Let alone discuss or care about security best practices.

Security at major companies is like that of the banks in america.. "too big to fail" Time after time you see companies not following industry standards.

I remember hearing someone saying that Target got breached because of the outsourcing company which was TCS.
I heard some people traded information or they knew stuff was going on but didn't care.
I could be wrong here...

Back
Top Bottom