Security to docs shared via Dropbox, skydrive

jeffrogler

Beta member
Hello,

Anyone knows of a simple to use solution for encrypting files on cloud storage (dropbox, box.net, skydrive, etc.) and share with other users in the encrypted format? Only intended recipients should be able to open. Cloud storage providers should not have access to the encrypted files. No key storage or exchange? Possible? Comments?

Thanks

While encrypting your files in the cloud is important, however, the second most important measure you should take is to hide your IP address. Any attacker who is interested in your cloud storage will most likely be interested in your IP address as it is keep in the logs of the cloud server. Always use a proxy when accessing your cloud storage if security is a concern. I would check anonymity with proxy test to make sure that you are using a fully anonymous proxy - ie. the proxy appears like your IP address and doesn't display that you are using a VPN service.

I disagree as smart-firewall can detect encryption on both proxies and VPNs thus I suggest VPN as with them you not only obtain a new IP and get your internet traffic encrypted but can also access geo-restricted sites and set it up on your router so your entire network is encrypted !

I suggest this VPN provider as they provide you with 128 bit encryption, over 60 000 IPs which you can use as much as you want and have live support 24/7 with an awesome 30 day money back guarantee no questions asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom