Resources?

king_23

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am currently trying to put together a list of good resources when attempting to fix issues that PC's have. I know a Google search is a good idea with any problem. However, does anyone know of any websites in specific?

***NOTE: I know this forum is great, but I want resources in which you don't have to ask someone on a forum and wait for an answer.

There is not a single set of resources out there that can answer all questions for every PC problem. Just for infections alone there is at least 20 that can be used for various things. As no single site can cover every infection out there.

Simply put, if your not looking to wait for an answer, then your in the wrong type of business. As there is no way that you could ever find a resource or set of resources that could cover everything. Since every user is unique, every PC is unique, every situation is unique. There is no way that there could ever be a set of resources setup to cover everything.

Even after 25+ years of doing this, I still have to ask questions and get advice from my fellow people. If your not willing to ask for help, wait to get an answer from others who may know or have input, or think of something you might not have, then you shouldn't get into fixing PC's.

Plus Google sucks ass if your trying to fix Windows. As the Google Spiders do not go to Microsoft sites. So Bing is the better resource for that.

Bleeping Computers is god for some items.

Then there is the tight community of Geek friends that you can rely on.

Plus Google sucks ass if your trying to fix Windows. As the Google Spiders do not go to Microsoft sites. So Bing is the better resource for that

What sites does it not spider? Reason I ask is because I still get TechNet, KB articles, etc. from Google searches.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

What sites does it not spider? Reason I ask is because I still get TechNet, KB articles, etc. from Google searches.
/QUOTE]

Sorry carne but I agree with mak on this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=do+...&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=microsoft&start=0

http://www.bing.com/search?q=microsoft&go=&qs=n&pq=microsoft&sc=8-9&sp=-1&sk=&first=5&FORM=PERE
Look at the first 4 pages on the google search.
Now look at the bing search result on the first 4 pages.
I think mak means is that bing is more dedicated to microsoft official tech help sites or forums.
Google offers that in someways but that is geared toward to blogs/information on general ms products/media or other smaller sites.

I don't think google sucks at bringing up information on tech related junk.
If you are a incapable of searching correctly on google or bing go ask someone to teach you a few tricks on it. :/

There is not a single set of resources out there that can answer all questions for every PC problem. Just for infections alone there is at least 20 that can be used for various things. As no single site can cover every infection out there.

Simply put, if your not looking to wait for an answer, then your in the wrong type of business. As there is no way that you could ever find a resource or set of resources that could cover everything. Since every user is unique, every PC is unique, every situation is unique. There is no way that there could ever be a set of resources setup to cover everything.

Even after 25+ years of doing this, I still have to ask questions and get advice from my fellow people. If your not willing to ask for help, wait to get an answer from others who may know or have input, or think of something you might not have, then you shouldn't get into fixing PC's.

Plus Google sucks ass if your trying to fix Windows. As the Google Spiders do not go to Microsoft sites. So Bing is the better resource for that.

Bleeping Computers is god for some items.

Then there is the tight community of Geek friends that you can rely on.

That is a pretty good answer. I will start using Bing more often.

Back
Top Bottom