Recovering Hard Drives Using Unorthodox Methods

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
I lost a hard drive a few years back. I attached some jumper cables to my car and then to the hard drive.

It didn't work, but if it did, it would have been awesome.

I lost all my MP3's that day.

I've heard of freezing the drive for cases when it overheats and stops, freezing shrinks the matel on the bearing or something to that effect and the drive will run for several minutes, it gives you some time to recover your data.
I have also heard of rapping the corner of the drive on a bench in order to jar it loose if the read arm is stuck and I have read that removing the top of the drive will buy you a few minutes too, All of these methods are just temporary fixes to attempt some data recovery from a known dead drive.....

But using a car battery is without question a new one on me

I've heard of freezing the drive for cases when it overheats and stops, freezing shrinks the matel on the bearing or something to that effect and the drive will run for several minutes, it gives you some time to recover your data.
I have also heard of rapping the corner of the drive on a bench in order to jar it loose if the read arm is stuck and I have read that removing the top of the drive will buy you a few minutes too, All of these methods are just temporary fixes to attempt some data recovery from a known dead drive.....
It's not often these work however, and are only really useful in an attempt at a "last-ditch" effort to try and recover data without paying the $500+ fee to send it in for professional data recovery.

But using a car battery is without question a new one on me

Obvious troll is obvious ;).

If I had thought the car battery was a bad idea, I wouldn't have poured all that ice cold milk into the manifold.

I also would have taken pictures.

Back
Top Bottom