RDP Trouble with SA520W

OverkillYJ

Beta member
I have a new to me SA520W I picked up as partial payment from a client. It has over a year left on the IPS updates, and has numerous VPN licenses.

What is driving me crazy is I have spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out why I cannot connect to a system I usually work on for another customer remotely since putting this SA520W in. The connection is fine, if I tether it from my phone I get right in. My firewall for my home network is completely blocking the connection though. It times out with no response from the remote server. I have opened the incoming port, and even the outgoing just for the hell of it. I even completely disabled IPS to see if that would let me get through. Nothing has been successful. I have used these at clients and been able to get through to work on systems without a problems for a long time. I cannot figure out why all of the sudden I am having this issue on my own network with this same firewall.

Like I said, I can go to my laptop and connect through a phone tether. All I do is switch to the home network and it fails so it is definitely the firewall.

Back
Top Bottom