The Raspberry as an Internet privacy gateway

TimKo

Beta member
Hey there,

I've been working on a new project that I'd like to present here. Any feedback is more than welcome. My project is an online privacy solution that works on a Raspberry Pi and Banana Pi. The purpose of the software is to block 3rd parties from gaining private data. This includes the blocking of advertisements, tracking links and tracking servers.
Our approach is a central solution with the Raspberry or Banana Pi as a transparent proxy. This means that there won't be any necessity to install Plug-ins on each computer in the network. In addition, various network devices like tablets, Smart-TVs or game consoles aren't even able to install such Plug-ins.
We've come pretty far with this project and have founded a start-up company. To implement the missing features, we are launching an Indiegogo campaign for further financing and feedback from experts like you!

We've called our project eBlocker and this is the current state:

Functionality as of today:
- Advertisements can be blocked
- Trackinglinks and servers can be blocked
- We have a transparenr UI on every website that enables the user to adjust settings and to see the amount of trackers and advertisement that were blocked

Functionality under development:
- Tor Client as an option to enable separately for every user
- HTTPS support
- Parental control ( enable your kids to visit particular websites – whitelist)
- Multi-user support
- Automatic updates

What do you think?

We're also doing early-access testing so whoever is interested please check the indiegogo site that we've launched to fund our project
http://www.eblocker.com/indiegogo

Best regards,
Tim

Back
Top Bottom