NordVPN Dominates VPN Market Share and That Will Likely Continue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Security | Computer, Devices, Software and Systems > General Security Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2019, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default NordVPN Dominates VPN Market Share and That Will Likely Continue

https://www.pcmag.com/news/366527/no...ill-likely-con

Can't say I'm surprised by this, seems like everyone is promoting Nord in one way or another.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: NordVPN Dominates VPN Market Share and That Will Likely Continue

Really? I can say I'm a little surprised. I was thinking that ExpressVPN is the one dominating the VPN Market.
However, good info

Old 02-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to raverx3m

ipvanish on the other hand consistently disconnects leaving my traffic exposed...
paid service also not free. their customer service pretends they don't understand what Im talking about
Old 08-07-2019, 05:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Let me tell you the truth. The entire VPN industry and the review websites like PCMag have gone commercial which means although they observer objectivity in their content, but when writing a sponsored post, they will market and advertise any po=eoduct or service for which they will be receiving a handsome amount of money.

I simple case is with HideMyAss HMA VPN where it was involved in retaining user information which was disclosed by the hacker lulzSec. This is just one case, by all means I am not targeting any website. Each authoritative website is doing a splendid job with their content but I would suggest looking at online security and privacy guide http://www.reviewsdir.com/ultimate-g...-and-security/ to better understand the stakes involved with the VPN service and how you cna judge a VPNs credibility no matter what review is created for it.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raverx3m View Post
ipvanish on the other hand consistently disconnects leaving my traffic exposed...
paid service also not free. their customer service pretends they don't understand what Im talking about

Yes they're so bad... and really expensive. I've also had bad experiences with their support... which were not able to resolve one big issue I had on my Mac...