NetUSB Bug Makes Millions of Routers Vulnerable

Well I've just searched threw that list extensively and I couldn't find my model or Manufacture \ Brand of router so I'm hoping I'm safe as it said the list wasn't complete.

Hence why i said in a separate Post about going overkill on your security and having a decent router available at your means. Its best to make it hard as possible for someone trying to get in. You will never stop it but why make it easy.
This month I have just bought a new GPU and next month I'm deffo going for a new router now.

Last edited:
Just see if you can put DD-WRT on your router - DD-WRT wasn't affected from what I've heard.

I'm not too concerned,
The vulnerability, which concerns the ReadySHARE feature in Netgear products, can only be exploited from inside the local area network, not remotely from the Internet
Netgear and ZyXEL confirm NetUSB flaw, are working on fixes | PCWorld
Somebody has to actually tie into your network to use this vulnerability.
I do agree that Netgear should get off their butt and come out with a patch much sooner that 3rd quarter

Yeah, that mitigates the threat a bit, but still can be an issue with normal users who buy an off-the-shelf router and only set up "basic" security.

The problem I see though, is Netgear's mess up in not allowing NetUSB to be completely disabled.

Back
Top Bottom