Need help ASAP!!

The ESET Security Suite has a good firewall. Out of the box it's pretty much set but you can make and apply rules if you like. What I hate is how the browser lockups slip through. Must be pop unders. You know the ones that tell you to call a number to get the virus off your system. it locks up your browser and you supposedly have some sort of bug. I have yet to see a hard or soft firewall stop those.

I figured out how to get around it though. CTRL+ALT+DEL. On next screen click on the red button in the lower right corner and open the menu. Select restart.
POOF and it's gone.
For S&G's I called the number. Having been in the Navy I went salty on the poor guy. He hung up after about 2 minutes of my abuse.

Lol nice joke

And I disagree with that, since I feel a firewall at above or at the router level would be more effective than a software-level FW in the OS :p.

I used to have a software firewall (first ZoneAlarm then switched to Comodo).

Spot on if you're going to do it the right way. Firewall your router to protect your network versus using software. This is where connecting to random networks comes into play even more, because you have no clue what type of firewalls (if any) they have. Software FW's would be helpful in those situations. For the best security, just don't use public or unknown WiFi networks.

Also, keep in mind that some OS's (Mac OS) don't have the firewall turned on by default.

Back
Top Bottom