Need help ASAP!!

donetao

Banned
Hi! I have MBAB premium and It's blocking this in coming IP address from Liberia. It happened while I was logged on here. I need to know what's going on ASAP! In a little bit of panic!!:eek::omg:
Thank You!
Gary!!
197.231.221.0 - 197.231.221.255 is an IP address range owned by Cyberdyne-vpn01 and located in Liberia - select an address below for more details.

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You sure it's coming from Techist?

It's traffic coming from a VPN apparently - so it's hard telling.

You sure it's coming from Techist?

It's traffic coming from a VPN apparently - so it's hard telling.
Hi Carnage! I don't know where it's coming from. I was logged on the Techist forum and I got several pop-ups from my Malware pro saying a malicious IP address had been blocked. I Googled the IP and it said was coming from Liberia. That's all I know. It hasn't happened again and I have no clue about these things.

I haven't seen anything here to indicate it has any thing to do with Techist. They may have pinged you at the same time you were logged in here. That in itself is not grounds to say that Techist is hosting any thing bad.
Liberia is a third world country that is a haven to hackers and spammers. What you saw was as a drive by. They could have pinged your system to see what defenses you have up. In most cases those with a good defense won't be bothered but simply alerted to the event.

A good defense is paramount in today's internet. A solid firewall is a great thing to have. Check how the router is set up at the home there Gary. A good defense starts there. It ends with you.

Hi Carnage! I don't know where it's coming from. I was logged on the Techist forum and I got several pop-ups from my Malware pro saying a malicious IP address had been blocked. I Googled the IP and it said was coming from Liberia. That's all I know. It hasn't happened again and I have no clue about these things.

Do you have an ad-blocker installed in your browser at all?

Hi seti! Like I said! I have no clue about these things. I'm not saying Techist is hosting any thing bad. I just posted here to alert and find answers. I have A NETGEER Wireless router.It is set to factory. I know nothing about setting it up. I have MBAM premium and MSE.
If I need to change any thing, please advise! Should I worry or will MBAM do the job??
Thanks for your PM seti!
Gary!

Hi! Carnage! Yes I have ad-blocker+, and Ad Muncher. I have MBAM premium and MSE.
I haven't had any more alerts from MBAM. I didn't know what I should do, so started a thread here and on Computerforums. Panic attach. Hoping someone could tell me what's going on. If you need any more info. let me know!

Could have just been a drive-by injection or something similar - or even a random probe (happens). Best way to be protected is have a hardware firewall - either a good one on the router, or one even before your router coming off of your modem between it and the router.

Hi Carnage! Thanks for your reply. All I know is I have a NETGEAR router combination that's set to default. I use MSE and windows firewall. I have MBAM premium. That's all I know about my security. I will let you know if it happens again.
Thanks!
Gary!!

Hi seti! Like I said! I have no clue about these things. I'm not saying Techist is hosting any thing bad. I just posted here to alert and find answers. I have A NETGEER Wireless router.It is set to factory. I know nothing about setting it up. I have MBAM premium and MSE.
If I need to change any thing, please advise! Should I worry or will MBAM do the job??
Thanks for your PM seti!
Gary!

What PM? I didn't send you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom