Mysterious Cursor Jumping Issues

Marcopolis

Beta member
I'm brand new to the forum and happy to try out this resource so as to fix the issues I've encountered. I've researched a lot online and cannot wrap my head around what's going on. I pretty tech savvy but this one must be or my head. Here is the scenario:

I have a Microsoft Surace Book laptop that I've owned for about a year and it's pretty new still. Now I am experiencing some minor issues to do with the track pad for moving the cursor.

1. Laptop is plugged in: simply touching track pad causes the cursor to fly around the screen(s) in a chaotic manner.
2. Laptop is unplugged on battery power: no issues with track pad.
3. Plugging in an auxiliary mouse to the laptop will override the issue entirely making the issue manageable.
4. Sometimes residual issues linger while battery power is active.
5. All of these issues only happen once I step foot into my office building. No issues ever arise while I work from home or other locations etc...

My boss said that there is no dirty power running through the building like EMF. Another person in my office had to format their laptop to fix the same identical issue.

Between my coworker and I, we have ran every type of antivirus scan. Boot up scan. Etc... No viruses are present. I've reverted drivers updated drivers and adjust mouse settings to no avail. Perhaps someone knows what could be causing the issue. The weirdest part is that it only happens when I'm at the office.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom