MBAM got me wondering!

donetao

Banned
Hi When MBAM started blocking some malicious IP's, I started wondering about my security. I did a couple of tests with Gibson. Here are the results.Does anyone have any more tests that I should run??
Thanks! Gary!
PS Still wondering about those malicious IPs and where they might be coming from. I realize that MSE is not the best Anti-Virus program, but I've never been infected while running MSE and MBAM pro in real time!
Any good comments and suggestions are always excepted and appreciated!

Attachments

• Capture80.jpg
    Capture80.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture81.jpg
    Capture81.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi Oops ! This doesn't look good. I'm using windows firewall and MSE!

Attachments

• Capture82.jpg
    Capture82.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Capture83.jpg
    Capture83.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Do you have the default access to your router?
Type this into your browser (or just click this link)
http://routerlogin.net
If you have to use admin as the user and password as the password to access your router, then you must change it. Read this manual about your router and make yourself very familiar with it
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C6300/C6300_UM_15oct14.pdf
Check page 63 and see if UPnP is off (default)
Check chapter 8 in the manual to see if you have any port forwarding or port triggering enabled.
Please do not make any changes until you let somebody here know what your going to do first. We do not want you to lose your internet connection by making changes your not familiar with

If your router access is at the defaults (admin and password) then there may be a chance that someone local could have access to your network

Last edited:
Hi Joe! I'll try to answer all your questions, but this is all Greek to me.
OK I have not changed the password! I have the manual saved, but chapter 8 is over my head. You're dealing with a dummy. I appreciate your help and you can be assured I won't do any thing until I hear from you!!
Gary!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just look at the settings and compare them to the default settings in the manual for the port forwarding and port triggering
RTFM
(Read The F***ng Manual) and change your router access (password) for your router. Not the wireless settings, but the router access. It's in Chapter 7 page 74 in your manual

Last edited:
Hi Joe! Thanks for your reply! I'll read the f***ng Manual! I think you are telling me to change the access to my router. I'll work on that.
Gary!
PS Thanks for your help Joe. Have a great day my friend!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom