MABM Blocking Malicious IP's

Hi Joe! I guess I don't know what you're saying. Are you talking about the malicious IPs?

He's saying basically what I said in your first topic when you brought up the same thing: it was probably something pinging you / portscanning you via a random drive-by. Pretty much exactly what I said in your first topic when this happened.

You'll need to find out where it's actually coming from - if it's from an ad on this site or from somewhere else that you're visiting at the same time as Techist.

Nothing is malicious, just because MBAM might be picking up a ping doesn't mean anything, although one would think your router/windows firewall would catch that stuff too. MBAM is catching everything so it looks all good for you

Last edited:
You'll need to find out where it's actually coming from - if it's from an ad on this site or from somewhere else that you're visiting at the same time as Techist.
Afraid that's above my pay grade. I only know I was on this site when it happened. I usually have Techist and CF both open. I switch back and forth between the forums to see the new replies being posted . They were the only sites I was visiting when MBAM blocked the IP's When I was a member on the IObit forum, MBAM blocked over 700 IP's from China. They were up set with me for bad mouthing them. They never got past MBAM. That's all I know about this guys! I don't have a clue where there coming from!
Gary!
That's all I know. I do use MBAM Anti-Exployit also. Supposed to stop drive bys!
I have no clue. Thought I would give the forum a heads up about the IP's
Gary

Hi Joe! I already know they are from the UKraine!! After looking at my MBAM logs closer, I think Skype is involved some how if that helps. I had a friend tell me he could hack me with just my Skype. He proved it and told me a whole bunch of things about my PC.
I really don't know very much more. I did have Skype open in the tray bar!!
Gary!
PS I really don't want to get my friend involved, but maybe he will reply if he sees this thread!

Last edited:
Your making out as if it's the forums fault you see these things in the logs. It's not coming from the forum but from bad guy spammers that hang outside the door. If you have a port open that shouldn't be, they are going to stomp you a new mud hole. But you have a working defense. So you don't get slapped.

It's not coming from the forums. It's just opportunistic spammers waiting on a victim.

Hi! I have no clue about this. I just got another blocked IP.
I'm not getting slapped. I'm simply responding to Joe and carnage.
And I'm not saying it's coming from the forums. Why are you saying that?
I'm just posting and asking for help!! When I search this IP that MBAM just blocked, It blocks me from searching for it! Hell If I knew what was going on, I wouldn't be here asking for help seti!
Gary!

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom