Link Encryption - New Website, Opinions?

JordanMihailov

Baseband Member
Hi,

I recently had to send a link to a coworker and needed it to be encrypted so that it wouldn't be reached by third parties and bots. So I searched online and found this website called URLCrypt.to - Keeping your links safe Has anyone used it and is it safe? Can anyone specify how is the website supposed to work? Thanks!

Hi,

I recently had to send a link to a coworker and needed it to be encrypted so that it wouldn't be reached by third parties and bots. So I searched online and found this website called URLCrypt.to - Keeping your links safe Has anyone used it and is it safe? Can anyone specify how is the website supposed to work? Thanks!

I've just been to the site I have it open in a second window now and by the looks of it after entering a test URL its questionable to say the least. The site is encrypting the URL but I cant see anywhere that indicates it doesn't log traffic and or the I.P Address of the original machine encrypting the URL.

You can use a captcha for an extra layer of security and also set a password but by the looks of it you have to go threw their site after the original encryption to decrypt the URL as its presenting an urlcrypt.to , in order to get to the destination address. So you and your friend would have to use their services and if all information from you and your friend is being logged then for the reasons of the site it cant be a good thing.

Also FF has just flagged this connection as not secure and has blocked tracking attempts on my machine.

Back
Top Bottom