Just got a Mother F****** Virus their. Livid.

Carnage can you tell me that you know ad block, No Script and Flash Block on the PC. Its sounds like its pretty much giving maxing protection against online attacks. Is that Correct.
It helps block script/ad injections and such.

NoScript - blocks scripts running on a page, and lets you granularly control which scripts on which pages are allowed. Runs on FF only.
FlashBlock - blocks Flash videos from automatically loading/playing. Requires you to click on the Flash frame before it loads the video.
AdBlock - this one is self-explanatory. I recommend using µBlock over Adblock Plus.
I installed Vera Crypt and somehow when I've rebooted the PC its been installed in a foreign language. I can't make heads or tails of it. It looks Arabic of some sort.
Should have only happened if the language somehow got changed.
Change the display language

It helps block script/ad injections and such.

NoScript - blocks scripts running on a page, and lets you granularly control which scripts on which pages are allowed. Runs on FF only.
FlashBlock - blocks Flash videos from automatically loading/playing. Requires you to click on the Flash frame before it loads the video.
AdBlock - this one is self-explanatory. I recommend using µBlock over Adblock Plus.

Should have only happened if the language somehow got changed.
Change the display language

To be honest I'm not sure how to work it so I might have to disable it. As in the Add on. I've been looking at the settings and with out doing a lot of reading I don't know what I'm controlling and what its blocking. I have two systems hear I have one working fine but the main system I use more than most its completely took over and blocking all you tube videos and interaction.

Add Block is pretty good. It does what it says on the tin sort of speak. With very little from me. I enjoy learning the technicality but No Script and No Flash is complex.

Flashblock isn't complex - NoScript is the more "complex" one in regard to you have to have some knowledge of what you're unblocking - can be a pain for some sites that have a lot of content.

Flashblock is easy. Just click on any Flash stuff that you want to run.

FireFox + NoScript + FlashBlock + Adblock ;)

And don't go to sketchy sites.

I never in my life thought about things like this lol, I had startpage as a search engine and it puts ads in every place possible. I will use these methods. thanks cabbage! I mean carnage..:cool:

Back
Top Bottom