How do you guys feel about facial recognition technology to catch criminals?

robbiekorneta11

Beta member
With rising murder rates and a lot of criminal activity, how do you guys feel about giving up some privacy, in terms of facial recognition, to catch these criminals.

That is a bad idea,

How od i replay to this thread,

Well lets see, facial recognition is already in place, when you go to the DMV and they take your photo, the camera makes sure you are aligned perfectly with in the point mark area. and your photo is uploaded ot a data base, same with any us goverment that takes photos. from there listtle camera on there software.
as U.S. citizen we have a right to our privacy, we have the right to freedom of speach, endless that speach is to cause harm on to some one else, and even in some state bylaws even to ourselfs. with as much controversy there is reguarding the U.S. goverment invading our rights as it is. suing companies that dont give them access to there cliental with out needing a warrent, and the fact that the U.S. is now asking for passwords to phones ( google and microsoft since apple has already given them permission to search and seize there products) that our internet has been given to the U.N. right under our noses by oboma him self, and our internet usage and what is legal and illegal is now up to the U.N. there are sooo many things I can go on and on about N.S.A data bank of the internet in utah, about D.O.D hearing kids on video games talk **** and sending full blown raids on there house. as it is, street cameras watch us, ATm machines watch us. there is sooooo many things which keep track of us, Watch the Snowden documentary. he birng slight just a fraction of what the goverment does.
So no i dont think we need to give them permission to what they already have, I belive we need to take back our privacy, and have the goverment and police use the tools at there disposal in order ot catch these suspected criminals.
Sad thing is, if you do a google search of ways that the goverment watches you have ot dig through a ton of crap in order ot get the truth. and most people give up after reading the 20th article of alphebet soup watching us through our smart tv....
Just know this, that any one with any app on there phone who has signed corperation papers with the U.S. goverment does know what your doing, and can find you.

Their is so many examples I could give as a British Citizen to the breach of our human rites and civil liberties I'll just stick too one or two for the time being..

The fact that we have the IP Act \ Bill hear in the U.K says it all. If you commit a crime. Well, our authorities don't need to particularly do much work on their end as apart of the IP Act \ Bill ALL communication providers have to keep records and track and log their users and customers personal information. Apparently in the name of anti-terrorism.

I hate this Government and quite frankly I will not be voting at the next general election.

You see you talk about using facial recondition software to catch criminals but quite frankly they don't need this; they as in the authorities simply because their is so many alternatives avenues and ally ways and other methods at their disposal.

And you know what the best part is. British John English Smith and his wife Jane English Smith are thick and quite frankly stupid about what you can and cant do with technology. The average person knows sweet FA hear in the U.K about the IP A \ B and thats the way the government want it. Its their, but the media wont report on it because the media it self is controlled by the Government on what they cant and can report on.

Know this and I genuinely hope this hits home. If you come to the U.K, even on holiday or a brief trip of some sort. You are being watched by big brother and big sister. Why? Did you just say why? Because the politicians are frightened. Their frightened of loosing control. Frightened of loosing power and ultimately, they don't know what to do about the situation. What situation I hear you say. Well, this. The world we live in. Democracy if thats what you believe in. The democratic union of GB and NI .

So no I don't believe in the firt place we are giving up our privacy because they have all ready took it from us. They have taken what little we have left in the world due to the rise of technology because their scared of the unknown.

I'm a criminal, technically. Not absolutely 100% of everything that I do is 100% legal. Sometime I jaywalk. Sometimes after a long night out drinking I'll water some shrubbery outside instead of using the poop-splattered McDonald's bathroom :p and what about if that just happened to be within 100m of a playground? Who cares that it was at 1am in the morning, still technically illegal and you'll now be registered on the Sex Offenders List, freely available for anyone to look you up on, because you took a drunken leak at 1am in the morning and didn't realise there was a playground in a park a block away.

Those actions are currently causing 0 harm to anyone, at all.

Right now these things go undocumented, or at least don't get attached to me. Add facial recognition and bam, suddenly I have to make sure ALL my actions are 100% by the books, or risk legal action being taken against me.

Potentially even worse, this could be done retroactively should I attain any position of importance or get in someone's bad books. We want to charge you for X, so lets just do a quick search of our database for any other records we have of your face and see if we can find extra charges to add.

I would trust a reasonable person to be in charge of something like that. I would NOT trust the government to use even a grain of common sense; they would just blindly apply the law, because they don't have the luxury of being able to use common sense in their position. It has to be black/white for them to remain impartial and fair. So currently I am *very* averse to this kind of tech being used in this sense.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Last edited:
That quote Soul... Best way of putting it.
Sad thing is we are always on there for we are always watched. There is a digital fingerprint of our lives. And if the government's want some one they can find us... Just run a match trianglate and boom

fuk that... Let me record everyones face first and store in a DB then ill allow it!

You see me, I see you , fair deal.:cool:

you should always trust your govt to take care of you......
A report released on Monday by The Centre for Internet and Society reveals that over 135 million records from India's Aadhaar national ID systems have already leaked online.
The leaks didn't take place because of a flaw in the national Aadhaar system, but through government agencies that handle Aadhar data.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/indias-aadhaar-biometrics-database-is-about-to-become-a-security-nightmare/

See..
Does any one know how to do a index search in Google or onion?
In the U.S. many items can be obtained from index searches.....
Why would I give consent to a government that does not secure the databanks or servers which are to hold this information

I'll piss in the bush and stare directly into the camera with a sexy, flirting gaze the entire time.. Just to make whoever looks at the footage kinda creeped out.

I'll piss in the bush and stare directly into the camera with a sexy, flirting gaze the entire time.. Just to make whoever looks at the footage kinda creeped out.
Have to wave and wink and get your sexy face on... Let them know them watching you watching them turns you on

Back
Top Bottom