Hacker

Don't be a douche bag. There's nothing wrong with wanting to solve my own problems. I rather try and come up with a solution and learn something out of it so I know how to deal with it if it happens again. Going to the cops would be one solution, but it's not like i'm going to learn anything out of it.

Anyway, I know his IP address so I was wondering if there's a way to block my computer from receiving packets from a specific IP. I'm guessing that would be in my router settings.

I don't see any monitoring tools in my router homepage, but I could probably download one and check to see if that's the problem. I doubt that it's my connection because it only starts spiking when my brother is on skype with him, and my mom is using another connection. So it's not like we're torrenting or downloading at the same time. I even checked the list of connected devices on our router and there's only my laptop and my brothers PC. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I'm not. This would be a learning situation for you both. The kid doing the illegal activity will learn to not be a douchebag (what I was getting at, wasn't calling you a douchebag), and for you to take care of things the proper way which would be calling the cops. There is a point in time when you should actually call the cops, and IMO this is one of them (and I hate cops). This is why below.

You can block his IP all you want, but if the kid's dad is smart enough to tell him how to proxy or VPN then there is literally nothing you can do to stop him short of walking over there and kicking his ass the old fashioned way. Or take an axe to his router and modem viking style. You could also trace route his IP (or use software that you can Google for) to scan for any open ports he might have and get into his network. Again, I can't assist you there, you'll have to Google (forum rules). If you can do this, you can find out his MAC address for his modem or his PC and block that depending on how sophisticated your router is.

I will agree on this one with getting the police involved. Even if you find a way to stop him from bothering you and your brother, What he is doing is damaging to many people, A lot of games people pay for the server so they can police it for cheaters have the same done to the server and when it's been done the server needs to be reset and EVERYONE'S progress in a game is gone because of it. Most do it to the server because they got caught cheating and want revenge for getting banned off the private server. If they can't play on it then nobody will type attitudes. It ruins a lot of things for a LOT of people so calling the police will be a good thing because if he is doing it with no repercussions to your brother then he is doing it to many because well.... He can and if he doesn't get a minor scare now he might get himself into bigger trouble down the road when he is NOT a minor.

Dauntae

I'm not. This would be a learning situation for you both. The kid doing the illegal activity will learn to not be a douchebag (what I was getting at, wasn't calling you a douchebag), and for you to take care of things the proper way which would be calling the cops. There is a point in time when you should actually call the cops, and IMO this is one of them (and I hate cops). This is why below.

You can block his IP all you want, but if the kid's dad is smart enough to tell him how to proxy or VPN then there is literally nothing you can do to stop him short of walking over there and kicking his ass the old fashioned way. Or take an axe to his router and modem viking style. You could also trace route his IP (or use software that you can Google for) to scan for any open ports he might have and get into his network. Again, I can't assist you there, you'll have to Google (forum rules). If you can do this, you can find out his MAC address for his modem or his PC and block that depending on how sophisticated your router is.

Oh sorry I though you were calling me a douchebag lol. Yeah, you guys are probably right calling the police would probably be better. I called my ISP and there was nothing they could do and blocking is IP was useless.

Sending people to prison is why the United States is a crap hole, you can't turn a corner without a hardened criminal who was sent to JV for pot....then joined a gang, then went to prison for murder but was given a commuted sentence because of information leading to capture of a higher up in the gang, then out on good behavior, then more killing and gang activity.

Just better to not send someone down that path.

I seriously doubt he's "hacking" you anyway, DDoS takes some coordination unless you're on a very crappy internet service, it's not like you can blast people with 100mbs/second by flipping a switch.

Besides it goes both ways, to flood a system with pings you have to be sending a lot of pings yourself.

The actual answer is most likely the kid is on a crap connection for being in a poor one-income earning family and the latency is poor, you crash because of general server unsyncing.

And he is able to access your games because he learned to proxy his IP and is therefore trolling you. Proxy is easy.

IP spoof is easy.

MAC spoof is relatively easy....

He could be doing either of those without doing anything to you, cause you to lag, and not be doing anything illegal.

I seriously doubt he's "hacking" you anyway, DDoS takes some coordination unless you're on a very crappy internet service, it's not like you can blast people with 100mbs/second by flipping a switch.

Except that's exactly what little script kiddies do. Take their parents' credit card, rent/buy credits from underground sites that allow you access to botnets that are already setup...and all you have to do is open up a program.

Try notifying the gaming network that you don't want this user to make contact with your brother. They can probably block them much more efficiently on their level than a home user can.

Back
Top Bottom