hacked! - need help with video files

hackedneedhelp

Beta member
Hello,

I have some potentially very viral videos I'm trying to post online. I've got people hacking into all of my technology to try to stop me from getting them out. The device the files are currently on is pretty much completely hacked. I don't want to move them directly onto another device since that will probably spread whatever malware spyware etc they've got attached to them.

Long story, but anyway - I'm hoping to find a way to upload the file online, then be able to download it in full quality but not the original source file. If that makes sense. I've tried 4k downloader, etc but all I get back are super compressed versions with low quality.

If anybody knows of a way to "clean" the files without putting them onto a device I want to keep secure, maybe that could be a solution as well?

If you have any other ideas on what I can possibly do to solve this problem, please share!

Any help, suggestions, input - greatly appreciated and much needed! I don't have any expertise in this field so don't know what to do!

Thank you,
E

Boot off of a Linux LiveCD/LiveUSB, scan the device/files with an Antivirus (such as ClamAV).

What exactly do you mean by you're "getting all of your devices hacked into" ?

I'm just a beginner with this so I may not understand the full extent, but its pretty clear they can see everything I do on the device. They're also able to interrupt apps while I'm working on videos. Ex// apps randomly shutting off in the middle of a project, finished files not exporting even after the app says "video saved to camera roll", parts of the videos not playing, uploads to internet suddenly failing. I want to be able to do things with the file without them seeing, ex// uploading it to places and sending it to people without them knowing.

I knew nothing about live usb but that looks like a solution thank you for sharing. Only question is how do I go about getting the files transferred to the computer from the original device (an ipad). Would it be safer to use a lightning usb or download it from something like google drive?

None of that necessarily says to me that you've been compromised; at least not by anything more than just normal malware.

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download

Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

Back
Top Bottom