Computer(services) companies

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. I unfortunately was contacted by one of these companies and ended up
buying software from them.

It was an OZM company based in the UK I think.

The company on the surface seems legit along with the software..but I got taken for 'more' money because of further problems.

'Windows services' started stopping..and or my computer was being commandeered by trojan software.

Have I gotten a good thing..or do I need to get rid of all this software by like restoring my computer to it's factory spec's.

Is this company..and all like it nothing but an unnecessary or engineered scam?

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
SC

If you used your credit card, The first thing to do is to have that bank reverse the charges, and get a new card. You really have no idea what these scum bags did, so you might want to consider a format and clean install. Anytime you let a stranger into your pc is like letting some dirt bag off the street into your home, and letting him turd on the floor, go through your personal stuff and let him leave with whatever he wants.
Also unplug your modem over night so your isp will assign you a different ip number, they might regain access if you keep the same ip

If you used your credit card, The first thing to do is to have that bank reverse the charges, and get a new card. You really have no idea what these scum bags did, so you might want to consider a format and clean install. Anytime you let a stranger into your pc is like letting some dirt bag off the street into your home, and letting him turd on the floor, go through your personal stuff and let him leave with whatever he wants.
Also unplug your modem over night so your isp will assign you a different ip number, they might regain access if you keep the same ip

It's too late for that. (unfortunately). Is all this a scam? I did not use a credit card.
This stuff looks legit. My 'computer' told me before that it was infected..then I got them. They seemed to resolve things..than they got back to me with more problems..and more money requests. Maybe that is a part of the scam.

How long do I need to turn off the modem? Can I simply restore to a time before them?

"Nti Trojan security program" is what's on plus a 'calling card'....icon..on desktop

Last edited:
You can simply check their reputation by googling their company name
How did you pay them without a credit card?

Read this:
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams
If You Get a Call or Pop-Up

If you get an unexpected or urgent call from someone who claims to be tech support, hang up. It's not a real call. And don't rely on caller ID to prove who a caller is. Criminals can make caller ID seem like they're calling from a legitimate company or a local number.

If you get a pop-up message that tells you to call tech support, ignore it. There are legitimate pop-ups from your security software to do things like update your operating system. But do not call a number that pops up on your screen in a warning about a computer problem.

If you're concerned about your computer, call your security software company directly – but don't use the phone number in the pop-up or on caller ID. Instead, look for the company's contact information online, or on a software package or your receipt.
Never share passwords or give control of your computer to anyone who contacts you.
Refund Scams

If you paid for tech support services, and you later get a call about a refund, that call is probably also a scam. Don't give the person any personal or financial information.

The refund scam works like this: Several months after a purchase, someone calls to ask if you were happy with the service. If you say “No”, the scammer offers a refund. Or, the caller says the company is going out of business and giving refunds. The scammer eventually asks for your bank or credit card account number, or asks for access to your bank account to make a deposit. But instead of putting money in your account, the scammer takes money from your account.

If you get a call like this, hang up

Last edited:
Of course you'll need to make the proper contacts to the authorities in your country...
0557-how-to-spot-tech-support-scam.png

You can simply check their reputation by googling their company name
How did you pay them without a credit card?

Read this:
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams
Payed them by using my printer..they are connected..by sending the banking info.
Not the pin number of course..by I have yet to change that but I will. According to google..seems like they are a scam also. They use good guy(company) bad guy(company) tactic. Seems legit..most likely isn'nt. You hang up on these imbeciles..that took my money

Call your bank asap and see if they can or will offer out any help, They see these types of things go down all the time and have some experience with this

Hello. Most likely way too late for that. You have to stop them before they make their withdrawals. What they illustrated to me seemed extremely sensible ..the computer totally validated the logic. Still..I payed for software..and a month or two later there was another issue then I paid again. Sad. The point I should not have called them in the first place..but the computer itself sent me this phone number to call. What a drag.
Also, the guy says if you contest anything the bank will charge you an extra hundred.
I really don't know what I am thinking. That's all bull****. Really.

Back
Top Bottom