Can someone offer advice?

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Hijack this & M Bam.. What are these programs meant to do.. I do know quite a bit of the World of PC's but wanted Human feedback instead of Google'ing it.. I'm just curious to know if you have a System running a Good Anti Mal-wear and running M Bam with Hijack this if it will work I don't know nothing about these two Options when it comes to Security software, I have never used them before. What do they do and what purpose do they serve?

I know I should know better, as of the Posts I have under the Tech-Forums.net Account I have but I have never used it as I would normally just use a Anti Virus such as AVG or Microsoft Security essentials.

Both are meant to be reactive (not proactive against threats like) software against malware in removing it if it's already on a system.

MBAM is a general scan-and-remove antimalware program based on definition/db files downloaded from the MBAM servers. The Pro version of the program (paid) is a proactive (i.e. active scanner), like how an AV acts. The free version is just a scanner and doesn't proactively protect against threads (though if you have common sense you shouldn't need either, really).

HJT is an advanced tool that should only be used by experienced users. It lists all running processes, some extra info on them, as well as other system settings (such as proxy info, redirect info, browser/explorer add-ons & hooks, etc.). Removing the wrong thing in this program can cause issues with your system since it lists a lot of system files/settings. This is why I say it's for advanced users only - otherwise you can bork your system up pretty good if you delete the wrong thing(s).

BTW, both MSE and AVG aren't really recommended anymore. http://www.av-comparatives.org/summary-reports/

Better and still free alternatives are Bitdefender Free, Avast, or Avira.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

How would one become accustomed to the Software with out borking your system for Example would it be a case of online reading and trial and error.

Well you need to be familiar with general Windows processes, as well as be able to identify known common threats.

I also use HijackThis Logfileauswertung as a quick way to look over the log so I can get a better visual representation of all the entries to quickly identify questionable or bad content.

Back
Top Bottom