Blocked IP address - HELP!!!

rodbuilder

Beta member
Pardon me if I'm in the wrong place, but I didn't see anywhere else to post this so here goes......................

Like with many people who sell on Craigslist, someone there chose to block my IP address the other day! I am completely in the dark as to why this happened because I'm a small-time seller and don't have anything listed in multiple areas, etc. And of course it would be too imposing to expect them to actually tell you WHY they blocked it - right? Bottom line is I can't even get on their home page! All I get is a message to email them at "WeCouldn'tCareLessAboutYou.com"!!!!!

First off, I use a pretty fast desktop with Windows 7 Professional and use Firefox for a browser, with Comcast cable. I do NOT use a router, so the "ip release/renew thing and any attempt to change my Comcast IP address does NOT work. Already tried that.

I have tried EVERYTHING I know to get on Craigslist, including buying a new modem, blowing out my history and windows temp files and even formatting my hard drive. NOTHING works. I asked Comcast to change my IP address, but they refused to do so, and they are they only cable company in my area. DSL here would cost me even more than Comcast!!! Along with all of that I also tried using a VPN called "Hide-All", but that didn't work either.

And of course, when you go to the Craigslist "help" desk all you get are stupid answers and questions form some smart alec that didn't take the 1 minute necessary to read your post!!! Been there and done that one too!!!

Would someone PLEASE tell me how to hide my IP address from Craigslist, or how I can get them to let me back on?

HELP!!!!!!

It's possible that you were hit with an unintentional ban as well.

ipconfig release/renew only resets your internal IP, not your external IP. All of the other stuff (clearing your temp files, reformatting, etc.) was useless as well - none of that affects your public IP.

Unplugging your modem for several days (length of time varies by ISP, could be a few hours, could be several days), would be the only way to rest your IP if Comcast wouldn't reset it manually (most ISP's wouldn't do this anyway).

A VPN or Proxy would be your only way to get it to work. Be advised, some VPN's and Proxies are also blocked because they're known work arounds for sites, so sites will block IP addresses by default if they're known to come from a VPN or proxy.

Best bet would be to further contact Craigslist somehow. You said there was an email to contact them at - well did you send them an email?

Check out Cryptostorm. They have a free VPN client and multiple servers. It might work for you.

Personally I would never use a free VPN. IMO, that's just a MITM attack waiting to happen.

Are you using a program like private internet access or some other program that masks your IP? If you are then CL will automatically block you as it can't see where your from to give you the proper area to locate/search.

Looks like the site for the free version is gone. Cryptostorm is fairly cheap, though.

FinchVPN is another free one that might work, it's also dirt-cheap to get premium access. 3$ gives you a month of about 50+ servers/IPs including multiple locations in the USA. Also has tailored ''gaming servers'' which operate extremely fast. High-data handling capacity too.

Back
Top Bottom