Best thing to do towards a IT security career based on my current knowledge?
At my current job I am working very closely with VMWare AirWatch. Since AirWatch is a security and compliance tool, I figured my best bet is to learn more about security since AirWatch will be my main project for a while. Iím sorry if this is a silly question, but I was hoping someone could help me with my security career path based on my current knowledge. I figured if you guys know what Iím currently doing, maybe you could tell me where to go from here.
I have about 2 years of experience with heavy desktop support, Windows Systems Administration, and project management. Some of the bigger things Iíve done in the past 7 months;
1. Implemented AirWatch on-prem.
2. Built the production servers for AirWatch (console server, DSS server, web server, and SQL server.. although I had a DBA help me with the SQL server).
3. Managed and did the Windows 10 rollout to my enterprise.
4. Encryption to all Windows 10 devices.
5. Create VMís, manage snaps, storage, and ISOís in ESXi.
6. Created production Windows servers for the app team.
7. Fixed AD replication via sites and services.
8. Demoted 8 domain controllers.
9. Work with VP of Legal and Compliance to ensure security best practices.
10. Build testing environments.
Things on a regular basis/smaller things;
1. Desktop deployments (Mac and Windows).
2. Imaging with MDT.
3. Active Directory: creating users, NTFS permissions, groups, OUís.
4. Group Policy: Creating all different kinds of policies from software deployment to banner messages.
5. Desktop support to all users in-house and remote.
6. Symantec Endpoint Protection management.
7. Office 365/Google mail for business.
8. IT Onboarding new employees.
9. Setting up VOIP phones in the portal.
10. Work with Rackspace to expand storage and create VMís.