The Best Home Security You Can Get..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Out of curiosity what is the best security you can get for a PC. I know its a very general topic of question so,

You have anti virus, anti spy ware, malware, and other in Operating System Security such as mBam for reactive in stead of proactive. You have the likes of true crypt, to lock down your terminal, but what about security hardware, and I don't mean something like a Pad Lock and key to Bold the HDD in the tower, I'm talking more Hardware to secure the software in the System, such as USB plugins to keep the system safe if unplugged.

Mabie some sort of Specific keypad to log in with Via. a specific application, or use with true crypt.

I know I'm not being very specific but I was hoping their would be something like that on the market.

Out of curiosity what is the best security you can get for a PC. I know its a very general topic of question so,

You have anti virus, anti spy ware, malware, and other in Operating System Security such as mBam for reactive in stead of proactive. You have the likes of true crypt, to lock down your terminal, but what about security hardware, and I don't mean something like a Pad Lock and key to Bold the HDD in the tower, I'm talking more Hardware to secure the software in the System, such as USB plugins to keep the system safe if unplugged.

Mabie some sort of Specific keypad to log in with Via. a specific application, or use with true crypt.

I know I'm not being very specific but I was hoping their would be something like that on the market.

The only hardware I'm aware of that assists with malware prevention is hardware IDS/IPS devices (Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems), though this can also (less thoroughly) be achieved through software solutions. They watch all the traffic that goes through them and have rulesets that prevent certain "bad" packets from going through such as those associated with known botnets or the patterns of malware network activity, and do deep packet inspection to prevent the transfer of known bad exes and so on.

In terms of using hardware on the client machine to secure the system software, I am vaguely aware of some USB-key-based systems though they're not really my focus so I don't know a lot about them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom