Automatically connected to new internet - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Security | Computer, Devices, Software and Systems > General Security Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2018, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Automatically connected to new internet

Hi all,

I am house sitting for my mom and found it worthy to drag my PC over to her house (because mine is better). I have connected to her wifi before using my laptop, and when I hooked up my PC, I had automatically connected to her wifi (no ethernet involved) without being prompted for her password. Convenient for me, yes, but I am concerned then about how exactly I connected automatically. Is it the shared profile across my laptop and PC through windows 10? It prompts me for a wifi password on my cell phone for new connection but not for my desktop.

Posting Rules