Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" update causes freezing and keyboard issues - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Mobile
Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Destroyer of headlines
Default Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" update causes freezing and keyboard issues

Microsoft’s latest Windows Phone 7.5 is causing problems for some of its users.

Two problems specifically stand out above the noise. The first is related to the Zune player and how the handset locks up when playing music.

A post on Microsoft’s support forum summarizes the problem:
  • A majority of user’s reporting this problem have devices from HTC.
  • Most of the HTC devices are HD7s
  • Problem does not occur when phone is rolled back to NoDo
  • Devices with and without DRM’d tracks have experienced the problem.
  • Disabling the artist picture on the lock screen makes the problem appear to go away (temporarily) but problem returns after next reboot
  • The problem is less likely to occur if the device is connected to a power source or the device’s screen is not locked
  • The problem has occurred on both MP3 and WMA tracks
  • The problem may be less likely to happen when bluetooth earphones or the phone’s speaker is being used instead of the headphones. This is still being tested.
  • Another problem is related to the keyboard and how it can vanish while it is being used. Unlike the Zune freezing bug this one doesn’t force you have to restart the handset by removing the battery, but it’s still annoying.

Microsoft has confirmed that it is investigating both these issues.

Other issues are also being reported include:
  • Decreased keyboard accuracy
  • Live tiles not updating
  • Zune freezes when using Aux cable
  • Voice commands not working (Samsung Focus)
  • Screen doesn’t turn off in call (Samsung Focus)
  • Excessive data usage
  • GPS problems
  • Battery not updating (LG Optimus 7)

Old 10-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Having the Samsung Focus myself with Mango I can say this. I have seen the disappearing keyboard, but it only happens when I lag in typing a response while the keyboard is up and then go to type about a minute later. Say I get a text and i bring up the keyboard to respond but I have to do something for the child. So I take care of that and come back to my phone before the screen lock kicks in. If I try to type the keyboard vanishes. But it will come up the instant I click on the input field.

Oddly enough it isn't that far different than the response I got on my Android device. I have not experienced it to the severity that these people are claiming.

My music works fine, voice works fine and Bluetooth works fine. Use it as my mp3 player since I have 40GB of storage on the phone.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread