Samsung Galaxy S III specs - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Mobile
Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S III specs

From what I hear, the US version will use the new S4 chips, basically A15s. The quad core international version uses A9s. Basically, in actual real world use, with no apps yet fully quad core compatible, and even if they become compatible, the dual core A15s with 2GB RAM should perform equally to the quad core A9s. Its similar to how come a 2.5Ghz dual core i5 is faster than a 2.5Ghz core2duo.

chanchan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

[h=3]Standout Features[/h]Smart Stay is a feature which uses the front-facing camera to detect when you are looking at the screen – the screen stays on if you are looking at it, irrespective of the duration of the screen timeout. With the Direct Call feature, hold the phone to your ear and it will automatically call the contact you were looking at or texting.
It’s just a few mm wider than the S II, so it’s very easy to hold. The contoured shape and slim design make the S III stand out. Finally, with a 2100 mAh battery, the S III has more than enough juice to last you through the day.

deepu.djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

quick mobile facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s
Send a message via MSN to office politics

this is what i heard about multi core support on android

According to Intel, Android’s thread scheduler just isn’t up to the task of getting the best performance out of the new quad-core (and to a lesser extent, dual-core) chips we’re seeing. Since the manufacturers of those components should be the ones capable of getting the highest performance out of them, Intel thinks the companies behind these chips should be the ones contributing the necessary improvements to the Android source tree, but “they just haven’t bothered to do it.”

Sure, some of this might just be a backhanded way for Intel to congratulate itself on its own work at improving thread performance, but we agree that someone needs to be taking a closer look at Android multi-core support. According to the company, some of the phones from other manufacturers end up performing worse when multiple cores are enabled. It doesn’t name names, but if that’s true at all, it seems like a damning assessment of Android’s current relationship with multi-core chips.
office politics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Build Guru

Originally Posted by KSoD View Post
I am not really all that keen on spending that much money on a phone, then having to hack it up just to make it work for me. I got the Note for $250 and it operates fine. I even went as far as getting the full blown coverage on it. Yeah that means I have to play nice with it and not hack it up, but really I am good with that. I still have my Atrix around that I can hack up everyday or every other day. It is OC'd to 1.3GHz and has 1GB of RAM. So really it is just a smaller screen. I do love the Note and the size it gives. Games and everything are much more fun on it. I get about 18 hours of battery from it with what is heavy use for me.

I just cant see spending that kinda money for a Quad Core phone. It isnt going to operate all that much better. Android is not made for Quad Core at this time. There is no evidence that Jelly Bean is going to support it either. So really your just wasting 2 cores.
I have a use for 4 cores. My phone gets used for more than Android.
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

is there a big difference between the samsung S3 and the S4 ?
please I need some help and I don't know which one to buy.
mobilephone135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Private Joker

Samsung Galaxy S III vs Samsung Galaxy S4 - Phone specs comparison

Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is online now   Reply With Quote