Are you going to buy Bioshock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
please read the release I quoted, 3-5 reinstalls on the same computer. thats it, full stop, will never work on that pc again. And that includes the steam version.

This is the same kind of thing that happens on oem microsoft discs, you call, they verify, they unlock, i dont see why its such a huge deal on a game when microsoft has been doing it for years.

Why are people so retarded when it comes to this licensing. YOU CAN ONLY HAVE IT INSTALLED ON 5 COMPUTERS AT ONE TIME. As soon as you uninstall it properly, the license is freed up.

i couldnt find a way to uninstall it in my previous system so i just uninstalled steam.
I looked in add/remove and still could not find it.

Im using steam so i guess i got 4 more dl left, and now it shows up on add/remove.

my limited edition figurine was broken, i filled out the proper form on there site ,three days after the game was released. i still havent received an art book or a new figurine, im getting kinda ****ed.

The big deal veedubfreak is, imagine a year from now, every game released includes this type of licensing, imagine the crap you would have to go through everytime you upgrade your computer or manage to lock out your activation limit. And how long you think these game companies will be around for you to call? or for them to have an activation server for that matter, games companies tend to go done the tubes with great frequency (where as Microsoft, for better or worse, is a monolith).

Not to mention the problems people have already been having, to quote one punter:

"Ok, still not a disaster. I've had this happen with Windows XP before—all I have to do is call the number in the manual, read off the reactivation request code supplied by the activation wizard, and they'll give me an unlock code. Well, not so simple in this case—the support number for the US listed in the manual didn't work, giving me a "We cannot connect your call at this time" message. So I called the Canadian number, which went through. After four minutes on hold, I was told that the only way they'd unlock it is if I take a photo of the disc and the manual and email it to them. Wow… even Microsoft doesn't make you do that.

Having now jumped through all their hoops hours ago, I'm currently waiting for 2K to get around to allowing me to play my legitimate copy of the game on the system of my choosing. Meanwhile, the pirates who cracked Windows Vista's activation in a matter of days are already at work on the game, and I sincerely doubt that the BioShock copy protection wall will still be standing a week from today. And while those pirates play their ill-gotten games without a care, those of us who came by our copies legally will have to put up with draconian obstacles that will then serve no purpose whatsoever. Well done 2K, well done indeed."

Personally I don't intend to take it up the *** for take 2's profit margin, but its your choice I guess.

i couldnt find a way to uninstall it in my previous system so i just uninstalled steam.
I looked in add/remove and still could not find it.

Im using steam so i guess i got 4 more dl left, and now it shows up on add/remove.

You should be able to right click on the game's icon in steam and click "Delete local game content." That is if your using steam.

The big deal veedubfreak is, imagine a year from now, every game released includes this type of licensing, imagine the crap you would have to go through everytime you upgrade your computer or manage to lock out your activation limit. And how long you think these game companies will be around for you to call? or for them to have an activation server for that matter, games companies tend to go done the tubes with great frequency (where as Microsoft, for better or worse, is a monolith).

Not to mention the problems people have already been having, to quote one punter:

"Ok, still not a disaster. I've had this happen with Windows XP before—all I have to do is call the number in the manual, read off the reactivation request code supplied by the activation wizard, and they'll give me an unlock code. Well, not so simple in this case—the support number for the US listed in the manual didn't work, giving me a "We cannot connect your call at this time" message. So I called the Canadian number, which went through. After four minutes on hold, I was told that the only way they'd unlock it is if I take a photo of the disc and the manual and email it to them. Wow… even Microsoft doesn't make you do that.

Having now jumped through all their hoops hours ago, I'm currently waiting for 2K to get around to allowing me to play my legitimate copy of the game on the system of my choosing. Meanwhile, the pirates who cracked Windows Vista's activation in a matter of days are already at work on the game, and I sincerely doubt that the BioShock copy protection wall will still be standing a week from today. And while those pirates play their ill-gotten games without a care, those of us who came by our copies legally will have to put up with draconian obstacles that will then serve no purpose whatsoever. Well done 2K, well done indeed."

Personally I don't intend to take it up the *** for take 2's profit margin, but its your choice I guess.

Duly noted, but how many people is this really going to affect? 1%? 2%? I know its a slippery slope but as usual its the vocal minority screaming out. The good news is, this will either force game companies to pull their heads out of their rectum and see that trying to screw over the people who actually buy games will only make more people pirate them.

i still think that installation is a bunch of crap.

Dont they realize that pc's crash and need to get formatted then. That means you just lost one installation right there.

This new method they're trying is mainly trying to get all the illegal copies out there...but its affecting more than just them.

I already lost one installation, but i still got 4 left which is plenty, but i always gotta be carefull and now i will have to un install every game instead of just formatting. Its a pain

i still think that installation is a bunch of crap.

Dont they realize that pc's crash and need to get formatted then. That means you just lost one installation right there.

This new method they're trying is mainly trying to get all the illegal copies out there...but its affecting more than just them.

I already lost one installation, but i still got 4 left which is plenty, but i always gotta be carefull and now i will have to un install every game instead of just formatting. Its a pain
This is one reason to use activation cracks for this game. If they keep doing this retarded crap more and more people will be using cracks to get around the activation.

I actually bought the game, but had so much trouble activating the first time, my OS stopped booting and I had to reinstall it and this time I just used activation cracks. I am not going to deal with trying to email them again and get the activation code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom